Saturday, October 16, 2010

Very proud of my will power

I promised Billie (9) last night we would go to the local markets if we got up early enough. Big mistake, Biiiig mistake.
I was woken up by the noise of Rosie (11 months) crawling up the hallway.  I called out to Billie to see if she was with her.  No responce, I then hear Rosie crawl into the bathroom, I jump out of bed, race out get Rosie out of the bathroom, call out to Billie again, her and Danni are sitting infront of the tv oblivious to everything.  Its 6am!
I am just so sick of not getting ample sleep!
So I drag the 3 girls with me to the markets, Jase is out surfing as usual.  We walk all over the place looking for my mum and cliff who have a stall somewhere.  Can't find them anywhere.  Finally run into Cliff, we had walked straight past them! oops!
Say hello and then we go to find some fresh vegies.  I get some leeks, asparagus, zucchini, cauliflower, broccoli, onions, mushrooms and oranges.
We come home to put Rosie down for a sleep. 
I made a zucchini and leek soup, so easy, hope it tastes as good as it smells.  The recipe calls for light cooking cream and a sprinkle of parmesan.  I have left both out.
As we are going to the MIL for dinner, she usually does a yummy roast so I am taking along a bowl of soup to have. 
We are invited to my nieces birthday party at a pub.  We got ther efor lunch.  I knew I was going to have to try to work something out to eat.  I found Grilled Barramundi with salad or vegies.  I thought that would be my best option then I wouldn't have my midday shake.  Then Jase points to the Side Dishes menu and there is a garden salad!  Yay!
I order that and everyone elses meals for them.
Stupid me didn't think to ask for dressing on the side, the salad is coated in something, I don't know what.  I scrape off as much as I can.  Its nice, Jase gave me the salad off his plate also so I was actually quite satisfied.
Then it was cake time, I had taken along a optifast bar with me so I ate that while everyone else ate their cake.  I am so proud of myself.  Little let down about the dressing on the salad but proud of the choices I made.
Back to the dietitician tomorrow, make sure I am doing everything right. I am really hoping she tells me I should have been having meat!  I really miss my meat!

2 comments:

  1. Well done Trace, you doing greaaaaaaaaatttttttttt!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. go Tracey!!! your doing so well!!! keep it up darl!

    ReplyDelete