Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Thought it was all over today

I have been feeling really tired, I am getting enough sleep (I can't go to bed any earlier than I am!) But I just feel really Lethargic, its hard to describe.  I feel like I could just call up in a ball and sleep. 
I am also feeling ill, sick to the stomach.  I am sure it's the shakes.  I couldn't eat my salad tonight, I had my bar and 2 glasses of water. 
I can't believe how close Tuesday is.
I had a huge scare today, the phone rang and Jase answered it, came into the bathroom to tell me it was the surgeon's office.  They ask me have I been given a quote for surgery.  I say yes and tell her how much I was quoted.  She then say's no that it is $5000 more than I was quoted.  I burst into tears, that's it, its over.  I don't have another $5000.  She tells me to find the quote I was given and to ring her back.  I race down the hallway crying to see Jase with a very worried look in his eyes.  I find the quote and ring her straight back.  No definately the amount I was quoted, oh yes she say's that's right.  OMG!  She apologises profusely (sp) and tried to calm me down.
Finally I settled enough to ask her a few questions.  I don't need any pre admission appointments, it is done the morning of surgery,  I don't need to do a bowel clean out, they don't go anywhere near my bowel.  I may not be able to drive for a few days to a week, depends on how I recover.  I can't lift anything heavy.  Bring a magazine because I don't want to be staring at the wall waiting for my appointment time.  They will let me know Monday what time my op is being done.
Tried a For me' Yoghurt tonight, seeing I didn't eat my salad I thought I better try something else.  I got the sticky date pudding flavoured one.  Can tell you one thing, it needs more sticky date pudding!
Bought a little travel pack of toiletries today ready to pack my bag and some toothpaste etc. 
I have been really worrying about my emotions after surgery.  I don't take pain well and of course there will be the emotions of have I done the right thing.  Every time I look in the mirror I know I have made the right decision.
What a day, so many emotions in such a short time frame. 
I am ready for bed again.

2 comments:

  1. Not long to go now and it will all be over with..then a New Life awaits you............love ya.......xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unbelievable...these people on the other ends of phones are playing with your life.....

    I feel for you, and know that this journey will be worth it xxxx

    ReplyDelete