Sunday, October 24, 2010

8 days to go!

I haven't blogged for a couple of days, I have just been so busy, I haven't had time to scratch myself!
Surgery is only 8 days away!  While you are all hedging your bets on the horses, I will be hedging my bets on my life! 
I can't believe its come up so fast.  I am so excited and really looking forward to finally having a healthier life.
We celebrated my baby girls 1st birthday yesterday.  We had a huge party.  Rainbow themed.  I was so proud of everything.  The decorations looked so pretty, the food looked amazing.  But most of all I am proud of me and my will power.  Even though my dietician said I would be able to enjoy the party good, I stuck to the plan and it didn't even bother me.  I did eat some of the meat that Jason cooked, and I had my Salad.  I ate some Guocamole dip with vegie sticks.  It may seem trivial to some but for someone like me who usually spends the entire time of any parties etc standing next to the food table stuffing my face, this is big!


Me enjoying the first meat I have eaten in 2.5 weeks lol!







Bacon & Corn Cobb Dip



Been thinking about all the things I realise I will be able to do once I lose weight.  I have never been able to go on any rides at the theme parks with my girls because I was too scared I was too big.  The only thing I ever went on was the Merry Go Round.  I am always the one standing watching , minding the bags, and taking the photos!  I can't wait (if we can afford it) to take the girls to a theme park and get on the rides with them and have someone taking photos of me instead!
I think I will make that my reward when I reach my goal weight.  Hopefully that will be 12 months away.

I am feeling really good.  Hunger pains are very few and far between.  Some meals I don't even feel like my vegies or salad.  I just have my shake or my optifast bar.

1 comment:

  1. I totally hear you on the theme park rides....I can't wait to fit in a theme ride seat! Imagine going on a plane and being comfortable no matter who sits next to you???

    Imagine walking into a shop a picking from the one at the front, not searching through the back!! Oh and walking into any shop and buying what you WANT to wear not what you HAVE to wear!!

    Loving your journey...such an inspiration! You go girl!!

    ReplyDelete