Thursday, October 14, 2010

First weigh in

I guess I should post my starting weight!  Shouldnt I?  Shoud I?  Do you really want to know?  Nah, don't worry.  Oh ok!
Starting weight 119.1
I have lost 3.7kg
Gone, goneskiez, never to be seen again.
Told you I think I passed my liver!
Mind you, earllier in the week it was 4.1kg but I knew my body would go into shock and start storing.
Its still a loss.  It is all fluid at the moment I know, but its a result!
Now I had my first Berocca this morning.  Ok, now don't laugh. But I didn't know how to make it up! .................................................................................................................................................
............................................................................... ok have you finished laughing?
After all the years of my drinking and hangovers (thanks Leesa lol), I have never had a Berocca before.  I tried to read the instructions, but there was all the info about what nutrients are in it etc, and then down the bottom there are tiny instructions, 1 tablet in a glass of water.  Oh der!
I have been worrying about what is going to happen when I am in hospital.  Its going to sound bad, but I have told Jason I don't want him to bring the girls in every night.  Now before you all alert me to the bad mother society, let me explain.  We live about 30 - 35 (on a good trip) minutes away from the hospital.  This means Jase will be getting home from work at 4pm then having to get the girls organised to come down to see me.  Then they will have to find something for their dinner and then get home early enough so they can all be bathed and put to bed for school etc.  I don't want that added pressure on Jase.  I would rather they visit me once maybe and then I will ring them.  As much as I want to see them I just don't want to upset their routine.
I have been reading some forums and advice from other people that have had the surgery done.  There is so much useful information there.  From real people who have had real experiences, good and bad.  One thing I read was a list of things to take to the hospital.  People included things like Magazines, laptops, dvd players etc.  Sounds to me like there is alot of down time after surgery.  Well I actually got butterflies thinking I might get to read a magazine from front to back!  How exciting!  Only time I get to read a magazine now is if I am able to sneak off to the toilet without anyone seeing me and I read while I am in there.  Not that that ever happens!
Still feeling miserable about food.  JUst everything I make has no flavour.  I could really go a nice Thai chicken and Cashew nuts or a beef & black bean from chinese.  Just something with flavour! 

5 comments:

  1. Yeyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy Well Done SugarPlum......its the start of a new begining........You doing Great!!!!! Keep it up!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay good for you tracey, very impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome result Tracey!
    Can you add some herbs or spices to your food to give it some more flavour??

    ReplyDelete