Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Day 6, How do you do this with no sleep?

So tired. 
Rosie woke at 3am as usual, had to give her a bottle.  She actually settled pretty quickly but I just could not get to sleep.  So I tossed and turned until 6am when I finally gave up and got up to start preparing for the day.  I actually felt a bit sick.  Didn't think I could stomach my morning shake. 
I got everyone organised for the day, as much as I love Wednesday's (kindy day), I also hate them.  The mornings are so hectic and stressful.  No matter how prepared I can be for the day, 3 kids can be unpredictible.  Be it Danni who is moody because she was woken up.  She refuses to get dressed because she is so moody.  Or Rosie who is clingy and just doesn't want to be put down.  Or Billie who just seems to slip into another dimension when I am trying to talk to her.
Everyone out the door by 8am, all be it with me screaming at them like a banchie.
I am so stressed and tired by the time they are all strapped into their seats, all I want to do is just sit behind the wheel with the aircon blowing full ball on my face, the radio off.  I just want to hear nothing for a minute.
Finally drop everyone off to where they need to be so I ducked into the shops to get a few thing.  I was still feeling ill and just didn't have the energy so got a few essentials (like my comping mags) and came home again.
Did a quick tidy up of the house, because if anyone was to break in while I was out and it looked the way it looked, I would be so embarassed!
My Mother In Law wanted to take me to her Cake Supply store to try to get some things to make Rosie's 1st Birthday party food and cake.  So I picked her up and we checked out the store.  My MIL then showed me around the store and showed me all the little things that help make cake making easier. 
After that we joined my Sister In Law for lunch at the Tavern to remember my FIL who passed away 9 years ago.  We always go to lunch and have a play on the pokies.  Things he liked to do.  I knew I was going to be going off track but I had planned for it.  I still made good choices, I ordered the Battered Snapper, no chips or mash, and the salad bar.  Although I did eat my favourite Seafood Salad, I actually was very proud of myself for also filling up my plate with the garden salad that I ate along with my fish.  I also had 2 mini dinner rolls.  Yummiest thing I have ever eaten I am sure!  I was very full.  We then had a bash on the pokies, so much for devine intervention, I came out $20 out pocket!  lol, although I won $4 on Keno, I put it in a machine on the way out and my MIL shared her winnings of $20 with me because I was the one that hit the button that got her the free spins lol!
Went back to my MIL for a cup of tea and a chat while we watched the first of the Chile Miners be bought back up, what an incredible moment.
Picked Billie up from school, took her to her Skipping lessons.  I really needed coffee, I actually don't drink coffee, if I have one, it keeps me awake for a month.  But after being up since 3am, I needed one.  So I ordered a Cappacino from the kiosk and I actually really enjoyed it!
Picked up dinner for the tribe on the way home, McDonalds, while they all ate, I got organised to go out for my Make A Wish meeting.  I didn't even touch a chip!
Got caught in a traffic jam on the highway on the way to the meeting, a car had rolled over at Ormeau.  Lucky I was near the exit so I took that and went the off highway way down the coast.  Got to the meeting with a second to spare.
Got home at 9pm, still feeling full from lunch so didn't have another shake or any dinner.  I hade a cup of Chammomile tea and then got ready to go to bed.  But Rosie had other plans.
So I hit the 20 hour mark of being awake.  All I could do was cry.  Jason took over and tried to get Rosie to sleep. I just curled up in a ball on my bed and cried.  Next thing I know, its 3am and Rosie is crying again.  Jason got up to her, I went back to sleep.  I hear someone in our driveway at 5.15am and Rosie crying, I go and give her her dummy again and get back into bed.  My alarm goes off at 6.30am. 
Here we go again...............................

No comments:

Post a Comment