Saturday, October 30, 2010

OMG 2 sleeps! Kicked arse at another challenge today!

I can't believe its only 2 day's away!  Where have the last 3 weeks gone!  I need to get my butt into gear and get packed!  I also have to get the girls packed to stay at Nanna's for the week.
I feel I also have to write down everything that everyone needs to know, just incase something happens, like what day Billie wears what uniform, Word that Danni say and what they mean (only I can translate), what time Rosie has her sleeps and bottles.  So much stuff I think hubby will have no idea if anything happens.  Bet he doesn't even know where I keep the birth certificates and other important documents. 
Had another huge challenge today, but I kicked it in the face and then stomped on it!  Went to one of my SIL house.  She is a facepainter and has just taken over a business.  So she was having a day of painting the kids faces and another SIL was taking photos.  This is to update the website.  My SIL put on a huge spread of food for everyone.  Not even all of my favourite things, but when you have been on Optifast for 3 weeks, even a chicken nugget is your favourite thing!  There was party pies, sausage rolls, chicken nuggets, cocktail frankfurts, pastie, mini quiches & savoury scrolls (that I made) and lots of cold meats and so much more.  I served up some  for the kids.  I then came out and out my own salad I took.  I didn't touch any of it.  It was really hurting but I did it!  I was so proud of myself.  Only someone who loves food would understand.  It probably sounds stupid to anyone else, "wow you didn't eat" but for someone like me, its a BIG deal!
I hope that if I have faced those challenges and won, then hopefully that means I have the strength to get through the next few weeks full of challenges. 
I have been asked a heap of times what the plan is for eating over the next few week.  This is what I have been given from the Dietician.
Nil by mouth from midnight before surgery and until Wednesday where I may be able to go onto clear fluid (water, bonox, clear soups, apple/orange juice, cordial, flat lemonade/berocca.
3 days post surgery, which is usually friday, I will hopefully go home and be on a free fluid diet, known as liquid diet (no alcohol sadly lol)
I will be on that for 10-14 days, this means, Optifast shakes, sustagen, low fat milk/ice cream, drinking yoghurt, water, diet cordial, juice, thin soups, bonix, tea coffee milo, berocca or liquid multivitamin, Hydrolyte.
For the first 2 days when I am on clear fluids, I have to stick to 30ml sips every half to one hour.  I will also have IV fluids.

Then I will be on no more than 100ml at a time, wait half an hour before the next 100ml.
From there it moves to puree's and then mushies and then finally normal food (probablly just before christmas).

So there you have it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment