Sunday, November 21, 2010

Told you I was surrounded by Stupid People!

My fear came true, Every time I have gone out in public I have walked with my arms infront of my stomach kind of protecting it from being bumped etc. Its amazing how close people actually get to you!
Well I must have let my guard down yesterday. Hubby and I took the kids to the local big BP service Centre for lunch. There is a McDonalds there and a playground so we were going to leet them have a run around. I got the family all their McDonalds and then went back inside to find something I could have. I was going to get a chocolate thickshake but I thought, no do the right thing, find something a little more nutritional. Only thing I could find was a juice bar so though yep yum I will have a mango smoothie.
I was standing behind the guy being served and I had given plenty of room between us. Making sure I am not walked into. Well I think what happened is someone wanted to get past behind me so I stepped forward to let them through but then must not have stepped back far enough (not sure if 5 km's away would have been enough room!). So the guy who had just been served took this massive step back and swung around at the same time. He hit me straight in the stomach with his arm and stood on my foot. I collapsed on the ground and burst into tears. He was very apologetic, didn't mean it etc. I know he didn't but Cheese & Whiskers, how much room do you need.
I got up and walked out to my husband in tears. It hurt like hell. All I could think was oh my god have I done damage inside. We packed up the kids and took them home. I was so angry that I had let my guard down. I went straight to bed in pain and slept for a couple of hours.
The guy probably thought I was a right looney and I was over reacting but he didn't know what was going on inside! I feel like I need to have a huge neon flashing sign above my head to make sure people take care around me.
I am ok today, it was a little tender yesterday afternoon. Felt like I had been punched in the stomach. It really knocked the wind out of me!

Looking forward to seeing my Dietician on Wednesday, hoping she will say I can move to mushies.  Mind you, I still don't know the difference lol.

Enjoyed a nice meal out for Jason's birthday on Saturday night.  I had a Tom Yum Soup at Thai.  It took me over an hour to eat it.  The poor waitresses almost lost their hands every time they came to try to take the bowl away from me lol!  I don't know how many times I said "No, I am still working on it" lol.

I really need to still up my water intake.  I can feel it in myself that I am not getting enough also.

No comments:

Post a Comment