Sunday, November 7, 2010

Feeling a little more human today

Feeling so much better today, still tender around the scars but as far as energy goes and hunger, its improved alot.
As all I can eat is anything I can get through a straw, its so funny the things I can try to make fit lol!  I would kill for a hamburger, even just a juicy piece of steak.  Oh my god, I could lick the inside out of a Cobb Loaf dip lol!
But I know it will all be worth it and in time I will be able to eat again.  it just won't be as much.
It is getting a bit boring with the liquids I am having, Optifast shake, up & go, cup of soup, water, tea,.  Its hard knowing what to make sure I have so I get enough nutrients but then also want something that has a bit of flavour and excitement to it.  I am finding it hard to not drink too much water.  I have gone from always having at least 2 litres a day to now maybe 100ml if I can get it in.  Of course the soup and shake and berrocca etc has water in it but it feels weird not having a water bottle attached to me.  I have always loved my water.
I am getting in touch with so many other people that have had the same surgery and even going for it.  It is comforting to know everyone has experienced exactly what I have. 
Again, I have to thank everyone for their support and messages.  It just blows me away to know so many people actually care about me.  If friends were money, I would be a multi billionare!  (Is ther esuch a thing lol).
Well Jase has ordered Montezuma's for dinner tonight.  One of our favourite meals.  I am so jealous and its going to be hard to watch, but I will be strong.  I will sip my Strawberry Optifast shake.
(Might have to kiss Jase later just to get a taste lol)  (no wait, he will get idea's if I go anywhere near him lol)

'A friend is someone who understands your past, believes in your future and accepts you just the way you are"

No comments:

Post a Comment