Monday, February 21, 2011

Feeling very frustrated

Needed to come and blog cause I am feeling very frustrated today.  The longer I think about it the worse I am getting.
I had my final free session with my Personal Trainer at the gym today.  Of course at the end he tried to get me to sign up for sessions with him at $50 a session.  Now we just don't have that kind of money.  He wanted me to do 2 a week.  I explained to him we just can't afford that.  He then said if I train with a friend its only $37.50 and he can't understand why I can't afford that! I understand that is his job and he has to get people to sign up.  But now I just feel lost.  I don't have any kind of program to work with.  I don't know if I was meant to be given something to follow or if I was supposed to remember everything he did with me over the last 3 visits.
He explained if I didn't have a trainer then a few weeks down the track my weight loss will plateau because the body will get used to the exercise and weights etc.  That might be normal for someone who hasn't had Gastric Sleeve Surgery!  I just feel very frustrated that he doesn't have any kind of understanding of my situation.
He also told me that the surgery I had hasn't guaranteed me a longer life!  He was disappointed that I had had the surgery and said I should have tried diet and exercise.  I said I have been for over 20 years and it hasn't worked.  That is why I went with this surgery.  Only regret I have is not doing it 12 months ago.  He said having the surgery doesn't guarantee I won't be hit by a bus tomorrow!
I think I will just stick to what I like to do, the treadmill, the cross trainer and the bike.  Maybe the stepper when I find some energy lol.  He was very happy I do Zumba, bloody don't care if he wasn't, I will still be doing that.  It was so much fun.
I went and bought new work out clothes today!  So excited.  Even more excited when I said to the Sales assistant that I need a Size 22 and she said, no you don't, surely!  hehehehe, that has never happened before.  Sadly, yes, the belly I still have is restricting my clothes size dropping.  I would probably be in an 18 pants if it wasn't for my belly.
I had to get new socks and undies too.  I was wearing Billies socks cause I just don't have any, besides bedsocks lol.  So new jocks and socks here I come!  At least now I can shake my booty without my knickers ending up down around my ankles.

1 comment:

  1. I am shocked at the attitude of your Trainer. The things he is saying are not true at all. I'd be contacting the Gym about it, I'd also say that you didn't have a program written up for you and that you'd like one. Trace. He hasn't. Known you for all that longg or the struggle that you've had with your weight. There is no Surgery that guarantees you a longer life. By having the sleeve, you'll lose weight which will mean a healthier you. Obviously a healthier you is someone who will live longer rather than an unhealthier you. Some people don't understand weight loss surgery. Yes, it's a choice bit, it was a brilliant one as you choose not to be the way you were. Shit, if you her hit by a bus tomorrow, at least you'll have nice Underwear :) xo

    ReplyDelete