Monday, December 27, 2010

My reflection on 2010

As I look back over the year, I have actually had a pretty good one.  So much happened now that I look back.

We started the year in our first home.  We slowly got it to the way we want it.
Sadly in January we lost my beautiful Nanna Vine.  That was hard, Nan lived in England so it had been a long time since I had seen her.  My mum felt very far away at this time also.  A sign of the times with technology though, we were able to watch the funeral via webcam.  It felt like we had our chance to say goodbye.
Billie started at her new school, it was a bit rough at first and I hated that I had taken her away from her friends and a place where she felt comfortable.  She slowly settled in.

February saw me getting the chance to finally meet a friend I met in a parenting forum.  Peta came up from Adelaide and we had a night out with the ladies for dinner.

March, Billie turned 9.  She had a nice little party at home.

April, with the help of some others put together a baby shower for another friend I have made on the parenting forum MUMZ.  Robyn had talked to us about feeling let down by her Real Life friends who hadn't shared the excitement of her pregnancy.  Us as a group felt we needed to celebrate this baby.  So I contacted Robyn's husband and told him of our plan.  He offered to fly her here from Tasmania.  All of the ladies put in money towards presents for Robyn and others sent gifts.  We put it all together and it was a lovely day. 
We had Rosie christened in April.  My dad & family finally got to meet Rosie.  It was so nice to have family and friends here from all over to celebrate this day with us.
May we celebrated my cousin Mia's birthday on a camping trip to Darlington Park.
June, I had the worst birthday I can remember.  I sat at home all day on my own.  Cried my eyes out all day.  I vowed never to be on my own for my birthday again and I am determined to make next year a happy one.  I felt very let down by those that I love.  I did go out that night with my hubby and family.
I also had a spur of the moment trip to Sydney.  I stayed with my Best Friend Leesa and had the time of my life.  It was strange not having any responsibilities while I was away.  Although I spent most of the weekend worrying about Danni who had been taken to hospital with breathing difficulties.  I also got to catch up with my dad & stepmum and brothers.
I also took my girls and mum for a trip to Hervey Bay to see my long lost friend Lisa.  Here my surgery journey started to unfold.  Lisa and her family and friends have had lap band surgery.  I started to learn a bit about this procedure.
July we had one of the most amazing days.  Driving home from a day out, we were behind a car that the driver had left his wallet on the roof of the car.  The wallet flew off the roof with all this money and cards flying everywhere.  We pulled over to the side of the road and chased all the money and cards all over the street.  Dodging traffic.  I found the owners licence and name and also an appointment card for a dentist that had been recent.  I phoned that dentist and gave them the name of the person in the wallet and asked if they had a contact number.  They did.  SO they rang the owner straight away and passed on my details.  He rang us and we drove to where he now was to return him his wallet.  The man was blown away that we were so honest and told us his wife has Cancer and she was home sick at the moment so he had gone out to do a few things.  But he had her on his mind so wasn't thinking straight.  He was in tears thanking us which of course put Jase and I both in tears.  The man grabbed a wad of $50 notes to give to us to say thank you but we wouldn't accept it.  Jase and I were just so happy we found it and could return it.
My brother Jay turned 18 in July.  Wow where have the years gone.
August saw Danni turn 3 and we had our first EKKA experience.  Thanks to winning tickets on Triple M after mum told them the story of us finding the wallet.  My friend Lisa from Hervey Bay and her family joined us.  They camped in our front yard for the weekend.
I had my first surgical appointment in August, I discussed lap banding procedure with the surgeon only to have him tell me about Gastric Sleeve surgery.  I came out of the appointment in tears and thinking I could never have it done due to the costs involved.
September we celebrated our 9th wedding annniversary.  We had a stay in a beautiful hotel.  We went to the Make A Wish Ball and got all dressed up.
I booked my surgery date. 
September also saw our favourite footy team the Titans bow out of the NRL Finals.
October I started my pre surgery diet.  I went on Optifast.  The first 3 days of that were hell.
We celebrated Rosie's 1st birthday in October.  I was proud of myself for not giving in to temptation with all of the beautiful party food.
November, I had my surgery.  The day my life changed forever, for the better.  If somebody had said to me 12 months ago that this is where I would be today, I wouldn't have believed them.  But to be honest, I wish someone would have told me about this 12 months ago.  I am so happy I have had it done.
So here we are in December.  What a year it has been.  The events I have talked about are just some of the things we got up to.  I hosted a few beautiful wish children for Make A Wish, went to a few Make A Wish events.  Went to alot of Mumz meets.  Had amazing times with Jase & the girls.  Again had amazing support from the people I love the most, Jase, my girls, my mum, Cliff, My dad and Leanne, my Mother in Law Dot and In laws,  my friends Leesa and Jacqui and of course the mumz ladies.  I am truly blessed to have so much support.
So here we are as we say goodbye to 2010.  Its been an amazing year.  A pretty full on year when I look back.  I hope next year is just as good.

Happy new year to you all.  Thank you for following my journey the past few months.  I can't wait to share the next 12 months with you all.  To share my transformation.


'Its not the destination, it's the journey'

No comments:

Post a Comment