Thursday, June 16, 2011

Somebody Pinch me because I think I am dreaming PART 2

Making a mad dash in the rain in our gorgeous $3 poncho's, we headed back to our hotel to beauitfy ourselves for our night out.  We also started the drinking!  I really needed a burst of energy so we were drinking Vodka and Redbull.

All prettied up and hair straightened we were ready to head out.  We Note to all, never trust Leesa with directions!  We were looking for 345 but we ended up magically at 534 Kent street.  Thanks Leesa!  So we basically paid $20 to do a lap of the city lol!  We started to head back by foot in the right direction but just knew we wouldn't make it in our shoes so we hailed another cab.  Even the driver was sceptical about having to do a trip around the block.  We told him unless he was going to swap shoes with us then he was taking us!  SO another 20 odd minutes stuck in traffic we finally made it.  Well sort of lol!  Still had to walk back a bit further again.  We finally made it to the Meriton hotel where Leesa's workmates were waiting.  There we had more drinks, a few photos a few laughs and then we were off.  It had started raining so Leesa and I and one of the other girls decided to catch a cab (halfway back to where we had just come from lol) .  We waited in the laneway to the Ivy (you wouldn't even know this place existed, there is no signage or anything!).  We walked straight up to the door past the line up and gave them our names, we were in!  We went straight up to the Pool bar, which was absolutely crazy, it was pouring raing lol!  But we were there.  A drink and a shot each then we decided to head down to the other bar.  
I had an amazing time, I danced my butt off!  I didn't care less what anyone thought of me, as far as I  was concerned, I looked hot!  I met some lovely people, friends of Leesa's.  We had a great night.
I had a few drinks bought for me which has never happened before.  I felt amazing.
We got back to the hotel after 3am.  Leesa and I just had the best night.  We were in hysterics.  Leesa wanted a Kebab, I said ok lets go get somethign to eat, I wanted a whopper with cheese (not that I could eat it all but I was cravign it).  I got up and started to get dressed again, only to then hear Leesa snoring.  Lol
I jumped back into bed only for Leesa to call our again she wanted a Kebab.  I told her well you get up and get dressed tehn I will.  lol
We finally passed out, woke at 8am.  I won't be booking the same room again, it spins.  I didn't like that feature.  It didn't make me feel very well at all. (It had nothing to do with the vodka and red bull and Tequila shots!).
I got up and had a shower, then got back into bed.  I had to set my alarm as I knew if I didn't we would sleep through check out.
We were ready to go, still drunk!  We checked out and headed towards the station.  We both needed to eat so we split up, Leesa went to MacDonalds, I went to Hungry Jacks.  I ordered my whopper with cheese and went and sat down.  All I could do was look at the burger, I couldn't bring myself to eat it.  I felt very very seedy.  My hubby rang to see how my night went.  We had a chat for a bit.  By the time I hung up , all I could do was throw the whopper in the bin.  I couldn't even take a sip of the water I had.
Now you may remember me talking about getting some chocolates for my eldest daughter.  I tried to think of every excuse I could give her to get out of getting them, I just didn't think I could walk through circular quay.  I just couldn't do that to her so I got up and started walking, remember, I am still drunk, in high heels with feet that I could just cut off they are so sore, dragging my VERY heavy suitcase in the rain! I walk around circular quay and finally I can see the sign for the chocolate shop. Guess what the chocolate shop is called.  "Guylian"!!!  Yes, the same friggen shop I had sat in 2 days earlier that was right down stairs from our hotel!   I couldn't believe it!  But all I can do now is laugh!
I purchase the chocolates, $22 worth!  (I was so out of it I just told her to make me up a bag!) and then I head back to the station.  Finally I make it onto the platform where I find a near dead Leesa.  Turns out she couldn't eat her McDonalds either lol!  We boarded the train and both sat there for the entire trip like 2 drunk bag ladies. 
Finally we made it to our destinaton, Leesa was picked up by her husband and I was picked up by my Step mother.
Finally I see my family after 12 months.  I was so happy to see them.  My brothers seem to have changed.  Its so nice to finally catch up.

My dad is out at work referring soccer so I don't see him until later.  When I do see him for the first time in 12 months, his reaction "your looking healthy".  I take that as he is happy with what I've done lol.
I am given my birthday present from Dad and my stepmum, its an absolutely gorgeous Pandora Bracelet.  I am blown away.  Never ever would I have ever thought I would have a Pandora bracelet.  And it fits!  Normally any jewellery for me has to be resized.  I also get a gorgeous photo frame clock.

Its a very relaxing afternoon, after the huge couple of day's I've had its the best I can do.  My step mother offers me a bath to soak in.  Bliss!  Then its into my warm PJ's and a bit of quiet time.  I then head to bed, I don't hear a peep until 9am the next morning.  Heavenly!
Its a cold and miserable day, its another veg out day infront of the tv in my PJ's.  My step mother and I watch "Get him to the Greek"  very funny movie.  I then realise its nearly time for me to leave so I decide to change out of my Pyjama's and repack my bag.
Its time to head to the airport, dad takes me in.  I phone Jase to tell him I'm at the airport, tell him I'll see him and my girls soon.  I can't wait.
The flight was one of the worst I have experienced.  We had really bad turbulence.  The plane shook and bounced that much that other passengers screamed.  I may have but I didn't hear it.  The lady next to me offered me her hand to hold lol.  (I will just say that was for her comfort).  We end up chatting the rest of the flight home.  I try to sell her tickets to our Make A Wish Gala Dinner. lol  always working!
We land safely and I walk out to the carpark to find Jase conveniently stopped at the crossing.  I go to jump in but he jumps out to give me a kiss.  Seems he missed me too.
We get home after a little detour of car swapping etc then get the girls from my mother in laws.  They are so excited to see me, they come running out of the house squealing "MUMMY!"  Its a really nice welcome home.
Back home now and everything is back to normal.  Dealing with housework, screaming kids that won't sleep, cold etc.  But I wouldn't have it any other way.
I had an amazing weekend, I will never forget it. 
Plus I weighed in while I was away and thanks to the bout of gastro I had the first few days, I lost another 2 kilos!  I am now down to 83kg!

No comments:

Post a Comment